BOOK COVER FOR THE WAYMOR

Well, what can I say, sometimes my work takes me places - really crazy and awesome places.


My wife was helping out the father of famous movie star Will Smith with the writing of a book called The Waymor. It is a great book that Will Sr. aka Will 1 wrote with his long time buddy, trumpet player Tony Smith. I was introduced to those two guys a while back and we started talking about the cover for their book. The book actually started out as an idea for a movie, but as the plot thickened, they both realized that it all really had to be written first. And so The Waymor turned into a book.

I'm proud of the guys for putting it out there and always showing up for terrific live readings and performances. I got to do the book cover and it was a blast.
You can get a signed copy of Will 1's and Tony's book right here, dedicated to YOU:

Here's a scan of the actual book cover:


And here's where it gets reeeeeeeal funky:
After the book came out Will 1 called one day and asked if we wanted to meet his son who was shooting a movie in Brooklyn. Well, it turned out to be the shooting of the new Men in Black lll and I have to say, that was one of the most surreal days of my life.
Like father,  like son.
Will Smith was a really cool guy and it was hard to ignore the fact that he's one of the biggest movie stars in the world, but he was such a down to earth guy at the same time. 

I remember I asked him if he ever got exhausted doing these insane schedules and he replied  - 
"Hell no, I never get tired. I just keep going. I eat healthy, work out and rest when I can. 
If I get a pimple, it belongs to the world"

Damn straight!



 True story from February 4th, 2011.


Popular Posts